Monday, February 13, 2017

Weekly Challenge #303

Happy Monday all!

This week marked my lovely mother in law's 65th birthday, so to celebrate we all went out for dinner!

B-rad's brothers and their wives... the family resemblance is strong, no?
Practically every ordered scallops or mushrooms neptune, or lobster.... and as i'm allergic to shellfish i was secluded in the corner... and my brother in law joked to the waitress that as an appetizer i would be having a piece of cheese on a saltine cracker.

Then the waitress brought me this:

crumbled blue cheese on saltines = the best appetizer evahhh??  yes.  yes it was. 
It was a great night and we all had a wonderful time - including a video from the boys singing happy birthday

Artoo had an eye appointment this week, a fairly intensive one - and he did remarkably well.  It was essentially a 4 hour appointment and he was happy and cheerful.  i snapped this cute picture of him in his appointment
totally cute
how was your week?

Weekly Challenge #303: "Valentangle"
This week's challenge is pretty straight forward: To create a valentine's themed tile or card, and as an added bonus - give it away to someone you love!  Your spouse, your child, your cat, your mailman, anyone!  Who doesn't love handmaid cards?

I tried to give my card to B-rad, but Artoo asked: "Is that for me too?" how could i say no?

To colour my tile i used a few red and pink markers and used the Hefty Hack technique
I did my tangling with a red sakura pigma micron and a white gelly roll pen
for the lettering i used a dip pen and some fountain pen ink
SPOILER: I couldn't.

Have a wonderful week, and a Happy Valentine's day!!

have a great week!


And if you're on the Zentangle Mosaic App or Instagram - i'm @iamthediva - come on by and follow me, and i'm going to be using hashtags on the app for each of my weekly challenges. So if you're game - use the hashtag #DC303(Diva Challenge #303) for your tile this week! You can also search in the app for people's contributions to the challenge by clicking on the hashtag from inside the app, or using the search function. 


If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 

If you love the challenge as much as i do, please consider leaving a tip (tip jar in the side bar).  I write this blog for free and have no plans to make it a paid for service in the future.  Buy me a cup of coffee, or a new Micron pen!! Click the tip jar on the side for a monthly tip, but if you just wanna throw a few bucks my way THIS LINK will give you a one time option.    A very big thank you to those who have kept me in hot cups of joe. ;)


12 comments:

  1. This week is Valentines week and what is a better challenge than a Valentinecard? Not sure mine is a card, it is more a tile, but I will give it to someone! Thank´s Laura for your great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to you, we can see so many beautiful work. I'm always happy with your challenges, thank you very much and I wish you a nice Valentine's day with your own B-rad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping this would be the challenge for the week! I was busy working on my tiles this weekend. Always fun to think of a new spin on valentines! Thanks as always for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already made a (quite simple) card for my husband, to go with a nice box of bonbons (chocolates). I like your card and love the way Artoo got it 👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the timely challenge, Laura. It made me stop procrastinating, and make that card! Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was actually my first time posting a response! I am very excited. Thanks Laura for the challenge, I have follow you for a long time. I love your challenges and reading about your lovely family. Have a lovely Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Valentine's Day to you and your sweet family, Laura. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the inspirational challenge Laura. This made Valentines Day even more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the challenge and a nice Valentine's day to you and your family! Your tile looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry for posting my last week's entry, I had some trouble with my flickr account.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can relate to your crackers and blue cheese crumbles! I have an allergy to shellfish, too! Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had already started a Valentine for my husband; so I finished it and let it do double duty: a card for my husband, and a response to your challenge. Hope you all had a great Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!